Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why my Cat Hates Holidays...

Have I mentioned that I have the best cat ever? I realize that is like a parent saying that they have the cutest baby, but still. Look at that! She is the equivalent of the guy that is so secure in his masculinity he can dress impeccably, discuss feminist literature and then rush off to ballet rehearsal. She is such a sass bag but never feels the need to prove it.

We finally decided to get some pictures with the pets in their holiday get-ups. Really, what is more funny than animals in people clothes? Nothing.
Bennet was a little confused and annoyed by the Santa hat but that was only cause there was an elastic strap under his chin. Once it was on and settled he was fine with it. Lizzy, on the other hand, is always the tricky one. She struggled at first, but after the second attempt she realized that we weren't going to give up. You could see the wheels turning in her little cat brain.

It was like she said, "Fine, if this is going to happen here is how it's going to go down. Get this stupid thing on my head. Put me down where ever you want cause it is throwing off my equilibrium, and I will stand still for 5 seconds. No more, no less. Then I am
peacing out and we won't speak of this again. Understood?"

And that is exactly what she did. I swear that cat didn't move. It was almost unnatural. I am not sure she even took a breath for those 5 seconds. She just sat there looking as irked as a 13 year old forced into an ugly Christmas sweater. I got 3 or 4 shots off my camera, then she shook off the antlers and we didn't see her for 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the cat is so cute !! You re lucky i could never think about it with my domestic tiger !!

    ReplyDelete