Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Power Curve-1, Erika-0

I would like to know who these proverbial self-made accomplished people are.  You know the ones.  The ones that work highly-competitive jobs, are in a constant cycle of training for their next marathon or triathlon or iron man or climb to the summit of whatever peak is trending this month, stay well-versed in current events and actually work through their reading list.  Then get inspired by a fellow athlete, news story, or child they mentor and start some epic non-profit that is eventually featured in an American Express commercial.  I would like to know who these people are because today, oh, today, I would consider hunting them down and water boarding them until they tell me their secret.  Except I am too tired.

The black hole that is the end of the calendar year has started for me.  Right now I am up to my eyeballs trying to play catch up after a truly fantastic weekend with a visiting friend, while at the same time working a couple extra hours every day to build up some extra comp time because next week "pterodactyl" and I leave for a small vacation in Canada.  (WooHoo!)  Then, whatever reprieve we have between that and the holidays will be filled holiday shopping, home improvement projects, and whatever other crazy stuff we get ourselves into.

In the mean time I am painting rooms, desperately trying to keep up with some reading (and failing miserably), and continuing trying to maintain some habitual running, and going to yoga as frequently as I can (ideally three times a week).  Although this week the working out is going to be a major fail too.  Last night we had a dinner date with friends and tomorrow we are going to see Jason Mraz in concert so you know what?  I am going to take my crankiness as a win and say that I am officially now one of those people that gets all cranky when they can't work out.  Yeah, we'll go with that.

Oh and remember how much I adore TV?  I am sort of in crisis mode right now cause this week and next week are all my premiers and I have no idea how that is going to work out for me.  I have strictly regimented afternoons already.....but I do have my dear friend TiVo.  He is a life-saver.

And with that, off I go so that I can, again, greet the morning at 4:30 AM.  It is a great time to greet from the backside but and unholy one at which to be jumping out of bed.  It truly sickens me that there was a time in my life when I though 6:30 AM was really early, and now, it is sleeping in.  Hope you are all having a good week, take a nap for me!

3 comments:

  1. I understand, I was thinking that the other day, we need more time in the day. I think meditation helps to slow things down so that we can actually be in the time we have, but I need more time to be able to meditate lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the outside looking in I have to say you seem like one of those self made accomplished people to me... after all, anyone who thinks to put bacon in cupcakes has got some inner genius going on.

    Have a good trip up to Canada this weekend... hopefully you are not hitting the east coast. For some reason I'm guessing Montreal, but I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 430??? wow. I am impressed.

    I dont even know what 430 am looks like.

    I think having to be somewhere by 800am is early...

    I could learn so much from you, o wise one...:)

    ReplyDelete