Monday, November 12, 2012

So This Is Actually Happening.......

I previously mentioned that my family and I are scheduled to move this winter.  Well, that move is set for right before Christmas.  For those of you playing at home, Christmas is a mere 6 weeks away.  Two weeks ago I realized that this move was actually happening and it was happening in less than 2 months.

Something out of the ordinary happened.  I got overwhelmed and totally shut down.  I didn't do dishes, I didn't do laundry, I didn't go grocery shopping, I didn't even attempt to tackle any one of the million things on my "to do" list.  Even personal projects that I, by all means, enjoy doing laid unattended to. All I have done for the past couple weeks is find excuses to leave the house and dick around on the internet.  Really, about the only thing I can say I have accomplished is that I have tended to our child.

This is not the usual way of things for me.  Normally I relish the whole moving process.  There are few things I love more than the feeling of "putting out fires."  Having a series of problems that require critical thinking and organization to solve them is really where I shine.  I kind of nerd out about it.  There are usually folders and color coding and timelines and pros/cons lists and I love every geeky second of it.

I think I may have just found my breaking point this time.  Usually our moves are pretty straight forward.  Pack up ourselves, the pets, and all our stuff.  Leave one place, arrive in the new place.  Easy.  This time we are taking that status quo, adding a baby, moving over the holidays, and renting out the condo we are currently living in.

Thankfully, this week I finally snapped out of it.  Not sure why or how, but I did.  Over the past two days my husband and I have accomplished more than we have in the past month.  We now have a property manager, have some definitive financial plans for this whole ordeal, we started putting together a listing for our condo, and started getting some of our Christmas "to do"s squared away.

We just might be able to pull all this off after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment